- 6 (6-8 ounce) steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into ¼ inch thick rings
- 1 of each: Large green, red, orange, and yellow bell pepper, washed, cored and sliced into ¼ inch thick rings
- 1 large lemon, washed and sliced into ¼ inch thick rings
- For the Sauce:
- 1½ cups ketchup (paleo: use sugar free)
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the steaks in a 9×13 inch casserole dish and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle the minced garlic over the steaks.
- Layer the sliced onions, peppers and lemons over the steaks.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Slather the sauce over everything. Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour then remove the foil, increase the temperature to 375 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes until the edges of some of the vegetables are just starting to brown. (Adjust baking time according to thickness of steaks and desired doneness).
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
Great easy recipe to cook without stressed with tasting during cooking.
All you need is Oven, knife, and a bowl that can be used in oven to cook.
Try this recipe when you don’t want to fail.
Well, because it cannot be failed, since it basically only a roasted meat.
So don’t be afraid to cook this.
Cooking is not hard as much as you feel.